10 Dec 2011
Public Lettering in Central London: Phil Baines’ Walking Tour
This well know Kings Cross palimpsest features in Phil Baines‘ updated walking tour of public lettering in London (thanks to Geraldine Marshall for the link on the Facebook page). He’s now created this as a ‘Map Tale’ which can be viewed below or in full screen here [Links since expired].
This adds to a handful of other Ghostsigns cameos in tours and trails, as discussed previously on this blog:
- Peterkin in the Battersea Heritage Trail (also links to various other signs that featured in the 2010 Design Detail Trail, part of the London Festival of Architecture)
- Various Stoke Newington signs in Jo Tomkins’ folding map
- Angel Walks (no longer available due to the death of Peter Powell who led them)
- In the USA, Fort Collins celebrates their Ghostsigns heritage with a self-guided tour.
- Type Tours (I think the ‘East’ one may feature ghostsigns)
If anyone knows of any more like these then please get in touch.
Support My Work
If you value my work on ghost signs then please support it with a one-off or monthly contribution of £3 or more. This helps to cover my direct costs and keep everything accessible to all. If you want to fund a specific project or piece of research then get in touch to discuss this with me.